GREENLEAF WELLNESS, LLC

©2019 by Darlene Wetherington. Proudly created with Wix.com

Search
  • Darlene Wetherington

Pets and Cannabis

Updated: Feb 13, 2019

I want to share a link to an article about pets and cannabis and how they are affected by eating edibles by accident:


https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/05/dogs-cannabis-marijuana-emergency-calls-aspca-surge.


I can't stress enough how important it is to make sure your edibles, tinctures, extracts and salves (yes, even salves) are out of the reach of children and pets. I put warning labels on all my products before gifting them. One of my clients had a four ounce tin of infused salve and her medium size dog managed to open it and eat every last drop! Needless to say, she had to take him to the vet and it cost her $1500. Besides the expense, pets experience cannabis completely different than we do and it can be fatal.


I use CBD for my senior dachshund with liver problems and he tolerates it well but I only give him a tiny drop. I also buy doggie CBD treats at the dispensary. He is a completely different dog when taking CBD and I mean in a good way.


I have also had to hold him for an hour while he had tremors and seizures because he got an edible wrapper that had fudge still in it. It was heart breaking.


This subject is close to my heart because I love my pets like children and I hate to see them suffer. I hope this information helps prevent our pets from experiencing accidental overdoses.

Our boy Bullet

8 views1 comment